I'm never in a cookie rut...
Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies. Dee-lish-us!
But I have been in a dinner rut. Hopefully, this week's menu will revive my family's palate:
Monday: Annie's Mexican Gumbo (crock pot!)
Tuesday: Fuddrucker's restaurant (school fundraiser)
Wednesday: Tiffanie's Pot Sticker Soup (can't wait!)
Thursday: Holli's Tofu Sugar Snap Pea Stir-Fry (sounds delightfully simple!)
Friday: Katie's easy and humorously named "Dog Food"
Saturday: Kylie's Oven Baked Sausage and Tomato Risotto (uh-huh. seriously.)
Sunday: Stacey's kid-tested but still a little fancy Chicken Marsala
Sadly, there aren't enough days in the week to share all of the recipes that you super-duper readers sent me. I'm looking forward to trying them all, and am anticipating the thought of making some of these meals with veggies from my very own garden once summer comes round.
Now for what you've visited for: the giveaway! Using a completely un-scientific method (known as my active preschooler reaching into a bowl with names on them), I'm excited to announce that Donna has won. Donna shared three recipes with me -- yum! -- and we've already tried her biscuit-topped leftover casserole. It was pretty dang good for revitalizing leftovers!! Here are her directions:
- either make biscuits from scratch, the bisquick box, or buy the pillsbury biscuits in the can
- roll out each biscuit to about 5-6" circle
- what ever cooked meat you have in fridge-chop finely...add to a bowl
- add any cooked veggies left over, chop finely...add to the meat
- add shredded cheese...muenster is good for this...but anything really will work
- now you need to add a sauce...you could use a few spoonfuls of any canned cream soup (celery, mushroom, chicken) or the greek yogurt mixed with hummus or mustard
- mix the sauce with the meat mixture
- drop a spoonful on to the rolled out biscuit, fold biscuit pinch edges w/ fork
- spread a little egg wash over it
- bake until golden brown 375 degrees
Donna, I've e-mailed you, so let me know which skein of yarn you would like.
Thank you to everyone who shared! Thank you also for such warm birthday wishes!! Stay tuned for more surprises...