Sunday, February 3, 2008

knitting for baby

Can you believe it? I'm NOT knitting socks. I know, I know! Pick up your jaw! Behold: A Blanket for Jackson.

Personalized Baby Blanket from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies; Plymouth Dreambaby DK yarn

Jackson, due in March, is (will be) my husband's cousin's son, and the first grandchild on that side of the family. Surely, he will be a gift-laden newborn! I remembered today how fun it is to shop for a baby -- everything was so teensy and soft. Laurel was with me and commented that "everyone in here is picking something up saying, 'oh, how cute is this?!'" I purchased an adorable sleeper, and I'm hoping to also knit up a baby hat to coordinate with the blanket. Saturday is the baby shower, so I need to finish and block this soon. Oh, and weave in all of those ends -- something I never have to do with socks!

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

jackson's blanket is ADORABLE! it looks like you are almost finished! plenty of time, plenty of time!

and yes. every time i step foot into a baby store, i want another baby! :) everything is so damn cute.

Hilary said...

That's such a nice blanket! It's perfect! Good luck weaving in those ends...eek.